My finished music video:

My front digipak panel:

My front digipak panel:
Right-click the image and open it in a new tab for a bigger version.

My inside digipak panels:

My inside digipak panels:
Right-click the image and open it in a new tab for a bigger version.

My back digipak panel (with album spine:)

My back digipak panel (with album spine:)
Right-click the image and open it in a new tab for a bigger version.

Click the image below to open my website in a new tab:

Friday 23 June 2017

Evaluation Q4: How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

In terms of pre-production, I think my prelim experiences will really help me with my approach to the music video coursework, especially the pre-production of the video itself. While I didn't have a huge hand in it myself, I watched and learnt from the staff and crew as they organised characters, costumes, the studio and so on. It seems like a large job, and it took place over quite a long time, so I will be sure not to underestimate it in terms of the time or manpower needed when the time comes for me to do it.

For production itself, I think the experience I have gained from the prelim will help with the coursework. Again, it is a large job, with a very strenuous day of filming needed even with all the staff- there are a lot of different roles, and all of them need training. The crew, for example, were mostly professionals, and we underwent a week of practice in order to be considered good enough actors. When it comes to the production of my video, I will have to work with my group to make sure everyone is well-trained for the role they take- whether that means allocating roles based on how good each media student in the group is at camera work, acting, etc. or even recruiting and training up non-media students to fill any essential but vacant roles.
The schedule for the shoot day. It represents all the planning of pre-production and production, and commits to paper the organisation of staff, both crew and actors, with a strict schedule, with an equipment list and more.

Post-production prelim experience will likely help with editing my video, but also with analysis and so on throughout the coursework. Deconstructing and reconstructing the video in the way that we did, which mostly took place during post-production, has given me a decent idea of what actually makes a music video. This knowledge, plus the practical knowledge of how to edit to achieve the music video look, should serve me well during the entire course.

No comments:

Post a Comment